Monday, September 11, 2006

Shout out to "Away Awhile"


Brian's Travel Journal - Away Awhile

If you've ever wanted to travel the world, consider the story of Brian and read his online journal titled "Away Awhile". He departed to Asia in May 2002 and has been traveling the world, almost non-stop since that time. He returned home to the US in August 2006. That's almost 4-1/2 years of vagabond existence. He took a very minimal approach to his travels, which I immediately admire. He started writing about his travels in an online journal, before blogs really hit big.
He passed through Russia via the trans-Siberian railroad and spent a little time in Rostov Veliky. It was actually while searching for information on Rostov V. last year that I found his journal.

I've had it bookmarked under my blog roll for a while now, but as he just finished his travels, I thought I should do a quick shout out and recommendation.


No comments: