Friday, September 22, 2006

Dead Russian Composer Personality Test

Maybe many of you have already stumbled upon this website in the past, but I thought it was worth pointing out. Doppelgriff Press "the internet home of author and composer J.C. Lozos" hosts the Dead Russian Composer Personality Test - a short test that matches your personality with that of a dead Russian composer. It is an amusing little test, that at worst will teach you something (or make you curious) about Russian classical composers.

As it turns out I am Dmitri Shastakovich (Дмитрий Дмитриевич Шостакович) - a comparison I actually don't mind. He was OCD apparently - I could be OCD if I was more committed. And his birthday is, after all, only a few days after mine (different years - I'm not THAT old!).

1 comment:

Mamuka Maghradze said...

Modest Mussorgsky was a 19th century Russian composer. His most famous works include “Night on Bald Mountain,” “Boris Godunov” and “Pictures at an Exhibition.”
Along with Piotr Ilyitch Tchaikovsky, the greatest Russian composer of the Nineteenth Century, Modest Petrovich Mussorgsky (March 9, 1839 – March 16, 1881) was born into a wealthy rural, landowning family. He began by picking out on the piano the tunes he heard from the serfs on his family’s estate. At the age of six, he began to study piano with his mother. I liked your blog, Take the time to visit the me and say that the change in design and meniu?