Monday, March 06, 2006

When you say Budweiser ...

Anheuser-Busch coming to Russia

Interesting item from Reuters (via Yahoo! News) - Anheuser-Busch and Heinken have reached an agreement to sell Budweiser in Russia. I can't say that Budweiser is the best beer in America (I prefer Sam Adams and other brews, to be honest) but I think it is hands down, the best MARKETED beer in America.


I had been rather surprised at the number of familiar American products in Russia, from chocolate bars to toothpaste - and Miller Beer has done well there, from what I can see.
Still, if the marketing department for Budweiser in Russia is anything like what we get in the US - Russians have many more entertaining ads to look forward to in the future.

I
just hope they don't try to sell Бущ beer also ...

No comments: